Hair, which reflects our style in most areas of life and is part of our identity, is one of our most important elements. However, in some cases, hair loss and thinning can occur. This situation is sometimes caused by genetic factors, sometimes by age, sometimes by environmental factors and sometimes by the effects of the products used. When we get to the point where hair loss bothers us, we look for a solution. In search of this solution we come across the PRP hair treatment. With PRP hair treatment, you can return to your old healthy and strong hair and revitalize your hair follicles.
What is PRP hair treatment? You can read the answers to many questions, how it is applied and in which areas it is used in the rest of our article.
What is PRP hair treatment?
In PRP hair treatment, the blood taken from the person is injected into the tissue to be treated and goes through some processes. This method aims to repair the hair follicles and prevent problems like hair loss. PRP hair treatment, which brings great benefits in a short time, is also rich in platelets. Although it is known that it is mostly performed for aesthetic purposes, the only application of this procedure is not aesthetic. It is also a method to speed up the healing process of some problems, injured ligaments, muscles, tendons and joints that we experience in the health of our body.
So what is PRP hair treatment? The answer to this question depends on the procedure you are going to perform. This process, which sometimes makes the wounds heal easily, is a treatment method that sometimes helps your thinning and weak hair to become healthy and strong again. From the moment it is applied, it helps to prevent hair loss and repair the hair follicles.
Since this method uses the affected person’s own blood to repair the hair follicles, there is no risk of infectious disease. There is also no risk of any allergic complication. The blood taken from the person is separated into white and red blood in the centrifuge, and the white blood is directly injected into the stem cells. Since the value of platelets in the PRP mixture is three times higher than the concentration in your blood, these concentrated platelets accelerate hair growth and development. With PRP hair treatment, the effect of which can be observed from the very first session, you achieve the desired result and are extremely satisfied with the outcome.
How is PRP hair treatment applied?
If you are looking for a solution for your hair, the question arises: “How is PRP hair treatment applied?”. This process, which should be performed by specialized doctors, starts with taking blood from patients as a priority. In this procedure, which is performed with the patient’s own blood, the collected blood is put into a special tube under sterile conditions. The erythrocytes (red blood cells) in the collected blood are separated by microfiltration and centrifugation procedures. In this procedure, the blood plasma rich in platelets and growth factors is separated and obtained. This mixture is introduced into the hair follicles by injection. This procedure is painless and takes an average of 30 minutes. After this procedure, which goes smoothly, the hair follicles begin to repair and renew themselves and return to their old healthy days.
In which areas is PRP used?
Although the areas of application differ from each other, it is basically used to renew and revitalize the skin and strengthen the hair follicles. Now we will explain more clearly in which areas PRP is used.
- PRP, which is widely used in the field of aesthetics, is used to renew the skin.
- It is used to reduce wrinkles that appear with advancing age.
- It is used in the treatment of some blemishes.
- It is used for fast healing of tissues on the skin after laser.
- Rapid weight gain and loss, pregnancy, etc. It is used to treat stretch marks caused by such reasons.
- It is used to strengthen and revitalize hair follicles, prevent hair loss and restore the former strength.
- In addition to aesthetics, it is also used for various orthopedic diseases.
- It is used to speed up the healing process in injuries of athletes or wounds that heal late.
Benefits of PRP hair treatment
The benefits of PRP hair treatment are as follows;
- Reduces hair loss.
- It thickens and strengthens hair follicles.
- Provides hair growth.
- It looks much healthier as the hair structure is repaired.
- Revitalizes dormant hair follicles.
- Revitalizes dull hair.
Does PRP cure baldness?
We have outlined the benefits of PRP method in hair treatment, but we are sure that you are wondering if this method is a solution for those who have no hair at all. The answer to this question is “unfortunately no”. This treatment is not a solution method for people who suffer from complete hair loss. For those people who suffer from severe hair loss and unfortunately have almost no hair left, hair transplantation is suitable. However, PRP hair treatment helps to thicken and strengthen the hair of people whose hair is weak, does not grow and wears out.
Who cannot use PRP?
Before using PRP hair treatment, its optimal to do your own research to find out if it can be used on you. Because there are also situations in which this procedure cannot be used and can lead to various problems if these situations are not given enough attention.
So who is PRP not suitable for?
- The PRP procedure is not used for people who take blood thinners. It is absolutely necessary to stop taking these medications 7 days before the procedure.
- It cannot be used in cancer patients.
- The procedure cannot be performed on women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- PRP procedure is not used in people with low platelet count (blood platelets).
- It is necessary to pay attention to your hemoglobin levels before using the procedure. If your hemoglobin level is low, the procedure cannot be performed.
- The PRP procedure cannot be performed in people with autoimmune disorders.
- The procedure cannot be performed on people who have a local infection in the area of application. These points should be considered before applying and should not be neglected. Otherwise, undesirable results may occur.
What should be considered before PRP hair treatment?
There are some details that need to be considered before PRP hair treatment. If these details are not followed, the desired results may not be achieved after the procedures. Therefore, before the procedure, you should consult your doctor for all the details. Now let’s take a closer look in detail what to consider before PRP hair treatment.
- The process starts 7 days in advance at the point that should be considered before PRP hair treatment. First, it is recommended to review the medications you are taking. If these medications include “non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs” such as ibuprofen and aspirin, you will need to reduce these medications in consultation with your doctor.
- If you are taking vitamin supplements, you should stop using the basic ones that have a blood-thinning effect. Vitamin E, vitamin A, ginkgo, garlic, fish oil pills, flaxseed, fatty acids are among the vitamins and substances that have a blood thinning effect.
- Likewise, you should inform your doctor before the procedure if you are taking the anticoagulant drugs Plavix, Coumadin, Heparin or any of the drugs with a similar working mechanism.
- If you have a chronic disease or are taking a medication that you need to take regularly to monitor your health, you can continue taking it by informing your doctor about this situation.
- Before or after PRP treatment, you should avoid excessive sun and high temperatures as much as possible.
- You should not consume alcohol and cigarettes 3 days before PRP hair treatment. It is not recommended to consume any alcohol and cigarettes that you consume, as it will prolong the healing process.
What should be considered after a PRP hair treatment?
As after any procedure, there are some points to pay attention to after a hair treatment. If these precautions are not given the serious attention, undesirable results may occur. It is necessary to follow the rules in order to achieve maximum efficiency of the procedure.
- The first 24 hours after PRP hair treatment are very important. During this time, the hair should not be washed.
- Hair care products should not be used and heavy exercise should be avoided.
- It is normal for the skin surface to become red after the procedure. Do not worry.
- No procedures containing chemicals, such as hair coloring or perming, should be performed after the procedure.
- It is recommended not to drink alcohol or smoke for 72 hours after PRP hair treatment. This is very important as it effectively impacts the healing process.
- For 48 hours you should make sure that the sun does not shine on the treated area. After the procedure you are allowed to go home without further need for a hospital stay.