Over the years, signs of aging gradually appear. These symptoms are most noticeable in the aging process on the face, arms, elbows and décolleté. Since these areas are directly eye-catching, they disturb people and make them search for a solution. This search brings with it the questions: “What is filler? How is it applied? This procedure, which is performed to correct the damage and losses that occur with the aging process of the skin, has become increasingly popular in recent times. Since a youthful appearance is achieved in the shortest possible time during the filling procedure, the demand for this procedure is gradually increasing. The so-called filling is easy to apply with a simple injection method. Thanks to the local anesthesia administered before the procedure, no pain is felt during the procedure, so the person should feel more comfortable. Although it seems to be a simple procedure, those who want to perform this procedure are very curious about the details contained in it.
What is hyaluronic filler?
This is the name given to the procedures that provide volume and a lifting effect to the affected area through an injection method under the skin in the areas where the person feels uncomfortable in certain parts of the body. Depending on the area of application, it can eliminate wrinkles, remove most of the sagging and add volume and shape to the skin tissue. Even though the purposes it is used for are different, the process is almost the same. Again, there are fillers that vary depending on the area of application and need. These fillers are divided into 3 main groups depending on their content: temporary, semi-permanent and permanent. The temporary fillers in this group contain hyaluronic acid, and the fact that it is a natural substance that occurs in our body and at the same time can be melted at any time is an important factor that makes it so popular.
How is the filling performed?
Although the answers to this question vary slightly depending on the area of application, the logic of the procedure is the same. The filling process, which is used in many aesthetic surgeries, is performed in a very short time and results in the desired young appearance.
Before starting the filling, a local anesthetic cream is applied to the area where the procedure is to be performed. It takes an average of 30 minutes for the cream to take effect. Taking into account the expectations of the person, the doctor begins the procedure by checking your face shape, muscle density and skin type. The injector containing the filler is injected under the skin. Depending on the area to be filled, the depth to be placed under the skin varies. After the procedure, antibiotic creams are massaged into the area. This procedure takes a maximum of half an hour.
What areas is the filling applied?
- To fill the lines on the lip,
- In the area we call nasolabial folds, which extend along the sides of the nose and lips,
- In the lines that run down from the edges of the lips,
- In acne and scars deep under the skin,
- Makes thin and small lips fuller,
- More pronounced cheeks or cheekbones,
- Elimination of bags and bags under the eyes,
- It helps to make your jaw lines clearer and sharper, and
- It is used in many areas, such as restoring vitality and volume that is lost in the face with the aging process.
Why is there a need for filling?
Various deformations of the skin occur due to fatigue, environmental factors, aging, sun exposure and nutritional disorders. Over time, these deformations lead to wrinkles and sagging. I am sure that none of us would like to find ourselves in such a situation. But with time we find ourselves in this deformation, even if it varies from person to person. What is filling up right at this moment? How is it being done? We seek answers to the questions: why is filling done? The filling procedure that we encounter as a solution to these problems is one of the most commonly used procedures for skin rejuvenation, as it is painless and provides quick results.
- The wrinkles that form on our face over time bother us and affect our aesthetic appearance. These lines, which negatively affect our facial expressions, make us look much angrier, unhappier and more tired than usual. One of these lines are the static wrinkles that form in the forehead area. The goal is to soften these lines with the filling process.
- Another line that affects our expression are the lines that form in the center of the eyebrows. This process attempts to soften the static lines in the center of the eyebrows.
- It aims to remove sun spots under the eyes and dark skin color, which are the most obvious signs of fatigue and aging.
- The filler, which is a solution for unpleasant nasal deformities, is also effective for lifting the tip of the nose.
- Fillers are used to shape thin lips, give them volume, correct asymmetries and make them fuller and more attractive to the eye. At the same time, it is also very effective in eliminating straight lines that appear on the lips.
- One of the procedures used by those who want to shape their jawline is filling. If necessary, the chin is shaped by adding volume.
- It is intended to emphasize the cheekbones and cheeks.
Which areas can be filled by hyaluronic filler?
Filling with hyaluronic filler, a widely used procedure today that produces results quite quickly, is highly appreciated by both men and women. Although the filling procedure is used in many areas, the most common area of application is the facial area. This is because the face is the area that is most exposed to the effects of wrinkles and aging and is deformed. With the filling procedure, you can get a much younger and more beautiful appearance by applying it under the skin with the help of an injection. Regardless of how many areas can be filled, we have compiled the most accurate and common correct areas for you.
The lips, one of the most common areas of filling, are the quickest and easiest procedure for people who have a thin lip structure or want fuller and more prominent lips. Lip filling, performed by specialized doctors, blends most harmoniously and naturally with our lower face. This short procedure takes about 5 to 10 minutes. Before the procedure, certain parts of the lips are anesthetized. Then the injection is performed taking into account the anatomical structure of the lip. This temporary procedure gradually loses its effect within 12 months.
The most preferred area after lip fillers is the face. Fillers are injected into the areas of your face that you do not find proportional or that you do not like. This procedure removes wrinkles or sagging in the face.
As our face ages, we experience various sagging and wear and tear in the cheeks and lower jaw area. Cheek filling, often preferred especially by those who want to highlight their cheekbones, has also effectively lifted my face upward. With this filling, we give your face a more youthful appearance.
For some people, the chin is too far back compared to the face, resulting in an uncomfortable appearance. Or you may want to make your lower jaw more prominent with a translational filling. Whether it’s a health issue or an aesthetic look, a chin fill will ensure you get the facial appearance you want.
Wrinkles in the forehead area are one of the most common problems. For this reason, forehead fillers are often preferred for filling. With the procedure of filling injection performed in this area, the unpleasant wrinkles are eliminated and a much younger appearance is achieved. Thus, your expression disorders will also disappear.
Nasal filler injections are preferred to eliminate problems such as low nasal tip, symmetry disorders in the nose, bruising or sagging.
Over time, sagging eyelids or eyebrows can recede. Eyebrow filling, applied as a solution to this problem, makes your eyebrows appear higher and helps your look younger and more energetic.
What should be considered before the filling?
There are a few details to pay attention to before and after filling. If these details are not followed, the procedure may not produce the desired result. Therefore, all the details that need to be considered before filling the application should be checked.
- Use of aspirin or similar medications should be discontinued 2 weeks prior to filling. If you use it, you should inform your doctor.
- The points you need to pay attention to may vary depending on the area you want to fill. For example, if you are filling in the lip area, there should be no herpes beforehand.
- Likewise, if you are filling in the cheek and forehead area, you should not have acne problems. In this procedure, it would be much more correct not to fill the infected area.
- Dental treatment should not be performed before filling the mouth. Otherwise, the infection in the outer area will affect the filling around the mouth and affect the desired result.
What should be considered after the filling?
- Aspirin and similar medications should not be taken for 2 weeks after filling.
- No skin care should be done on the day of filling.Otherwise, the filling area may be damaged or the filling may spread in the affected area.
- After the procedure is completed, the patient should maintain an upright position for the first 1-2 hours and should not exercise or exert themselves within 24 hours.
- After the filling, you should not swim for at least 2 days. Otherwise, the risk of infection is very high.
- You should not lie down for the first 4 hours after the filling. Care should be taken not to lie face down on the first day.
- You should not apply makeup or rub your face for a few days after the filling is applied to your face.
- If you have any external treatment after the filling, you should postpone it for at least a week.
- Alcohol consumption after the application is not recommended, as it can increase edema.