Main Treatment and Techniques
It is the specialty of dentistry that deals with the treatment of inflammatory and tumor disorders associated with the oral cavity, jaw bones and teeth and the treatment of developmental disorders in the jaw and face area. Specialist dental training requires 4 years of detailed practice and theoretical training.
Most people seek jaw surgery for a variety of oral problems, from tooth wear and tear to jaw joint pain. Potential problems such as biting, chewing, and swallowing food are a very common problem among maxillofacial surgery patients. Elimination of problems arising from the abnormal shape and size of the mouth opening, such as voice breathing, difficulty in speech or snoring, is within the application area of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
What is Maxillofacial Surgery?
Maxillofacial surgery in dentistry is the branch that performs surgical procedures related to the oral cavity, teeth, jaw bones and facial tissues. The main activities of the jaw surgery include dental implant surgery, tumor and cyst operations, embedded and complex tooth extractions, jaw fractures, orthodontic and dental surgeries, soft tissue grafts, and treatment and surgery of mandible diseases. Among the cases of maxillofacial surgery, it is one of the 20-year-old surgeries and is the most common.
Large molars, also known as 20-year-old teeth or wisdom teeth, are the last teeth formed and last in the mouth. It usually lasts between 17-25 years. If there is not enough space in the jaw, it is surgically removed by a dentist.
This specialty includes the following treatments:
- Remove wisdom teeth or wisdom teeth and canines
- Orthopedic Implant Applications
- Preparation of oral prostheses before prostheses
- Monitoring and treatment of cancerous lesions of soft tissues in the mouth and gums.
- Treatment of jaw tumors
- Treatment of cysts and similar formations in the jaw
- Treatment of jaw and face anomalies
- Treatment of fractures of the jawbone and face
- Treatment of facial bones and soft tissue shock
- Orthopedic surgery (treatment of facial anomalies)